The Community Gateway project is one of the five flagship engagement projects identified in the University’s The Way Forward document. The project aims to pilot initiatives and interventions through community projects linked to existing research and teaching at X University. The initial pilot is set up in Grangetown, one of the most culturally diverse and largest electoral districts in Cardiff.
There are a number of diverse independent shops in Grangetown that have been in the area for years. Being so close to the City Centre, and with more and more chain stores being established, there is greater risk that these shops will not stand the test of time. In light of the Council’s recent regeneration of a key shopping junction in Grangetown, in which businesses are having their shop-fronts replenished, local resident, Steve Duffy, would like to develop an online and ‘in person’ Business Forum to encourage businesses to collaborate, cross-promote and showcase the best of Grangetown.
Steve is a member of local Residents’ Association, Grangetown Community Action (GCA) which has a website with the potential to feature local businesses. This already has an online directory with a list of shops and businesses and some web links. GCA can also promote local business through their Twitter account and a Facebook page/group, which has been set up but currently has no-one actively running it. Steve hopes that once a Business Forum is developed, this could lead into a ‘Shop Local’ scheme. Together the Business Forum and Shop Local Campaign will aim to:
* Promote the diversity and friendliness of Grangetown as a community
* Make local business owners and the wider community aware that many shop owners live locally and therefore supporting local business is supporting your local community
* Showcase the broad range of shops on offer in Grangetown to new shoppers
* Encourage cross promotion between local businesses
* Develop new forms of promotion through the GCA website and social media
Assignment Brief Challenge:
Step 1: Research successful, community-led Business Forums and ‘shop local’ brands and evidence some market research on what may appeal to shoppers.
Step 2: Start designing a shop local brand strategy for Grangetown to highlight the benefits to businesses of getting engaged in the forum.
Step 3: Propose a marketing strategy to encourage Grangetown businesses to take part in and sign up to the Shop Local Campaign.
Step 4: Propose a strategy to market the Shop Local campaign to Cardiff Shoppers.
Format: Innovative professional report
Comments: A very wide range of sources is expected for this essay (such as news and magazine articles, market reports, journal articles as well as text books).
Research successful, community-led Business Forums and shop local brands and evidence some market research on what may appeal to shoppers.
• What are business forums (examples; showcase poster once in a month, set up website for a specific town to know all the businesses around, business owners meet up once a year and help each other with difficulties or bring guest speaker.)
• What is a shop local scheme
• Find examples of each to help explain how each one works.
Start designing a shop local brand for Grangetown and develop a pitch which highlights the benefits of getting engaged in the forum.
• Based on your research, what do you think would work in Grangetown and explain why
• What benefits could Grangetown get from implementing your ideas
Propose a strategy to encourage Grangetown businesses to take part in and sign up to the Shop Local Campaign.
• How would you go about persuading Grangetown businesses to take part
• What marketing techniques would you use • Could marketing metrics help ( how will I measure the success on my statergy).
Propose a strategy to market the Shop Local campaign to Cardiff Shoppers.
• How would you persuade shoppers to take part in the shop local scheme
• What marketing techniques could you use here
• What will be your marketing strategy
• Format: Innovative professional REPORT.
– 3rd person
– Contains images/logos
– Written for managers
– Not necessarily word document
• • Length: 2,000 words (+/- 10%)
• • Citing and Referencing: Strictly Harvard throughout (no footnotes)
• a very wide range of sources is expected for this essay (such as news and magazine articles, market reports, journal articles as well as text books)
• • Introduction to the problems facing retail high streets, the Community Gateway and the specific Grangetown issues you are addressing.
( further information about community can be found here:
Website: http://www.grangetowncardiff.co.uk/ http://www.grangetown.wales
• • Market research on business forums and shop local schemes in general. ( giving real life examples)
• • Your strategy: ( this is the main part of the report )
– Your business forum and shop local idea for Grangetown
– How you will market this idea to Grangetown businesses
– How you will market this idea to shoppers
• • Conclusion, explaining how your ideas fulfil the brief.
THIS IS A REPORT NOT ESSAY , INNOVATIVE REPORT.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.