Nursing Assignment: Cardiovascular Disorders
As the leading cause of death in the United States for both men and women, cardiovascular disorders account for 7 million hospitalizations per year (NCSL, 2012). This is the result of the extensive treatment and care that is often required for patients with cardiovascular disorders. While some disorders progress slowly, others progress rapidly and may lead to death in a matter of minutes. Therefore, it is important that you, as an advanced practice nurse, are able to quickly recognize signs and symptoms of cardiovascular disorders. As you assist physicians with the diagnosis and treatment of patients, it is essential to consider individual patient factors that might impact treatment and care.
· Review this week’s media presentations on alterations of cardiovascular function and hypertension and hyperlipidemia.
· Select one of the following alterations of cardiovascular disorders:
o Anaphylactic shock
o Chronic venous insufficiency
o Congestive heart failure
o Coronary artery disease
o Heart murmur
o Myocardial infarction
o Peripheral arterial disease
o Venous thrombosis
· Consider the pathophysiology of the alteration you selected, as well as drugs that would be used for treatment.
· Select one of the following patient factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior. Think about how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology of the alteration and effects of prescribed drugs.
· Reflect on how to educate these patients on the alteration, treatment options, management, and self-care.
Questions to be addressed in my paper:
1. A description of the pathophysiology of the alteration you selected, as well as drugs that would be used for treatment.
2. Explain how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology and effects of prescribed drugs.
3. Explain how to educate patients on the alteration, treatment options, management, and self-care.
4. Summary with Conclusion
1) 2-3 pages (addressing the 4 questions above excluding the title page and reference page).
2) Kindly follow APA format for the citation and references! References should be between the period of 2011 and 2016. Please utilize the references at least three below as much as possible and the rest from yours.
3) Make headings for each question.
· Huether, S. E., & McCance, K. L. (2012). Understanding pathophysiology (Laureate custom ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
o Chapter 22, “Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems”
This chapter examines the circulatory system, heart, systemic circulation, and lymphatic system to establish a foundation for normal cardiovascular function. It focuses on the structure and function of various parts of the circulatory system to illustrate normal blood flow.
o Chapter 23, “Alterations of Cardiovascular Function”
This chapter presents the pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, evaluation, and treatment of various cardiovascular disorders. It focuses on diseases of the veins and arteries, disorders of the heart wall, heart disease, and shock.
o Chapter 24, “Alterations of Cardiovascular Function in Children”
This chapter examines cardiovascular disorders that affect children. It distinguishes congenital heart disease from acquired cardiovascular disorders.
· Poole Arcangelo, V., & Peterson, A. M. (Eds.). (2013). Pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice: A practical approach (3rd ed.). Ambler, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
o Chapter 19, “Hypertension”
This chapter examines the relationships between the cardiovascular, nervous, and renal systems. It then describes diagnostic criteria for hypertension patients, drugs used to treat hypertension and possible adverse reactions, monitoring patient response, and patient education.
o Chapter 20, “Hyperlipidemia”
This chapter explores causes of hyperlipidemia, treatments for hyperlipidemia patients, and methods for monitoring patient response. It also reviews strategies for risk assessment and patient education.
o Chapter 21, “Chronic Stable Angina”
This chapter begins by exploring factors that contribute to chronic stable angina, types of drugs used in treatment, and diagnostic criteria for initiating drug therapy. It also examines methods for monitoring patient response to treatment and educating patients on self-care.
o Chapter 22, “Heart Failure”
This chapter examines the process of prescribing drugs to treat heart failure. It also explores effects of prescribed drugs, proper dosages, and possible adverse reactions.
o Chapter 49, “Anticoagulation Disturbances”
This chapter covers drug therapy options for three disorders requiring anticoagulants: venous thromboembolism, atrial fibrillation, and ischemic stroke. It also explains the process of initiating and managing drug therapy for patients with these disorders.
· Drugs.com. (2012). Retrieved from www.drugs.com
This website presents a comprehensive review of prescription and over-the-counter drugs, including information on common uses and potential side effects. It also provides updates relating to new drugs on the market, support from health professionals, and a drug-drug interactions checker.
· Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012a). Alterations of cardiovascular function. Baltimore, MD: Author.
This media presentation outlines common alterations of cardiovascular function including disorders of the veins and arteries.
· Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012f). Hypertension and hyperlipidemia. Baltimore, MD: Author.
This media presentation outlines hypertension and hyperlipidemia including contributing factors, evaluation, treatment, and implications.
· American Heart Association. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/
· Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (n.d.). Retrieved August 10, 2012, fromhttp://www.cdc.gov
· Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2012). Million hearts [Online resource]. Retrieved fromhttp://millionhearts.hhs.gov/index.html
· Haymarket Media, Inc. (2012). Monthly prescribing reference [Online database]. Retrieved fromhttp://www.empr.com/
· Institute for Safe Medication Practices. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.ismp.org/
· National Heart Lung and Blood Institute. (n.d.). Retrieved August 10, 2012, fromhttp://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/
· Medscape. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.medscape.com/
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.