REQUIRED TEXTSSullivan, E.J. (2012). Effective leadership and management in nursing. (8th Ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall. ISBN-10: 0132814544 | ISBN-13: 978-0132814546
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INTERVIEW
Use the attached questions to interview a nurse leader in a healthcare organization and submit a narrative analysis. This person must be a nurse over several nursing and/or clinical departments. All interviews must be in person. Support and define the healthcare leader’s answers with cited work.
This narrative paper requires you to use at least 2 or more professional nursing journals in addition to your textbook. Cite things such as management and leadership terms and styles and support and define what makes this person a leader.
Think about how the top level nursing position of a healthcare organization might affect you as a mid-level nurse leader. What things have you learned from this interview which affects your opinion of the interactions which occur or need to occur in a healthcare organization between the top nurse position and mid-level and staff level nurses
Remember to maintain strict confidentiality regarding any information you obtain through this interview. I recommend you let the healthcare professional you interview know everything discussed is kept confidential.
Please post your compiled narrative here. Do not submit a question and answer format for this assignment.
A grading rubric is also attached. The rubric will be used to grade all interviews for this course and can help you know what is expected on the written interview in order to get the maximum number of points on this assignment. Your finished paper should be 5-6 pages.
· Interview Grading Rubric
· Interview Assignment Instructions
· S487 Interview Assignment Questions
Questions for Healthcare Leaders: Use the questions below to prepare your narrative paper and ask for a response to each question. Compare and contrast your responses with the healthcare leader’s responses. Use citations, for example: (Sharer, 2009), when using the work of others including assigned textbook readings and PowerPoint presentations. Post your interview narrative under Interview in the Assignments Tab on Canvas. Please ask any questions under ‘Forums – Course-related Questions and Discussions.’
(1) What do you believe is the single most important trait for leaders to possess in a healthcare setting
(2) What is your leadership style Why did you select this style
(3) How important is communication to a leader What communication tools do you use
(4) How do you motivate your group or team
(5) What makes Healthcare unique from other businesses How does the physician factor affect a hospital’s operations
(6) What do you feel is the most challenging problem facing healthcare leaders today
(7) What is nursing’s role in the budget process in your organization How could it be better
(8) What barriers do you see to the provision of quality patient care
(9) What types of healthcare entities could work better with organization’s like yours in order to promote continuity of patient/client care
(10) How does your organization collaborate with other healthcare providers to improve quality and continuity of care
(11) How do cultural and generational differences affect the health care environment (In your analysis compare and contrast the values of different generations).
(12) What changes and challenges will nurses face in the future
(13) What are the advantages and disadvantages of achieving Magnet Status How can excellence in nursing care be achieved Why it is important
(14) How does an organization’s environment affect success
(15) If you had it to do over again, would you choose the same profession Why or why not
Questions to be answered by YOU after the interview:
(16) Analysis of this leader’s leadership Style (Use citations from current literature to support leadership characteristics or theories): In your analysis include the answers to the following questions:
1. What made this leader you interviewed unique and impressionable
2. What were some key attributes that you liked about this leader
(17) New insights to your leadership Style (Use citations from current literature to support leadership characteristics or theories):
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.