practical considerations make job tryouts for all candidates infeasible, it is necessary to __________ the relative level of job performance for each candidate on the basis of available information.
1. Because practical considerations make job tryouts for all candidates infeasible, it is necessary to __________ the relative level of job performance for each candidate on the basis of available information.
2. Some studies indicate the best approach for transformational change may have the chief executive officer create an atmosphere for change
but let others decide how to initiate change
and begin establishing a vision
but carefully set limits for the program
and establish a reward system
Click here to download
3. Which of the following is a desirable strategy for managers aiming to reduce the negative consequences of rumors
Initiating disciplinary action against the employee who started the rumor
Encouraging employees to communicate their concerns and suggestions
Creating a more informal communication environment at the workplace
Refusing to comment on issues that appear to be controversial and unfair
4. A project can be segmented into which of the following
5. Which of the following is an element that addresses elimination of waste under lean production
Group plant loading technology
Minimized run times
Production ahead of demand
Kanban production control system
6. The Civil Rights Act of 1991 offered what for victims of unintentional discrimination
monetary damages and jury trials
7. Active listening requires:
summarizing all areas of the performance-interview feedback discussion.
verbal communications only
summarizing only the areas of agreement
interruptions to get your point across
8. Which of the following is ISO 14000 primarily concerned with
Continuous improvement management
9. Training that results in ______ is costly because of the cost of training (which proved to be useless) and the cost of hampered performance.
negative transfer of training
applicability of training
reinforcement of training
simulation of training
10. As a university student, your institution’s social principles and practices reflect on you, as a stakeholder, in the organization. Therefore, it is your right to question how these practices should be evaluated in relation to the social issues that the school is addressing. If your university provides job-share programs, builds a day-care facility, and only uses recycled paper, it could be said to be ________.
fulfilling its social obligation
socially image conscious
11. According to the job characteristics model, autonomy is defined as the degree to which
a job requires completion of a whole and identifiable piece of work
a job has an impact on the lives or work of other people
a job generates direct and clear information about performance
a job provides the worker freedom, independence, and discretion
12. Which of the following is considered a major process flow structure
13. An example of control criteria that can be used in any situation is ________.
average time to process paperwork
client requests completed per hour
number of calls taken per day
14. What can affirmative action assist organizations in achieving that diversity initiatives cannot
Maximizing workforce commitment
Correcting specific problems of the past
15. Adoration of a charismatic leader by followers can lead to
greater understanding of the company mission
difficulty in developing a successor
a competitive work environment
limiting suggestions of fixes and improvements
16. Which of the following is considered an organizational blueprint, which prescribes the quantity and time frame for when each end product will be assembled
WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
MRP (Material Requirements Plan)
ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
MPS (Master Production Schedule)
17. In performing a SWOT analysis, which of the following would be considered as a threat
Lack of a strategic plan
Increased product demand
18. When an employee volunteers to run a canned food drive, this is an example of
organizational citizenship behavior
19. Conflicts can be resolved by withdrawing from them or suppressing them. This conflict-management technique is known as ________.
20. Sam Meyers manages a telemarketing call center. He has 20 employees working for him who are displeased with the way he yells and threatens to terminate them for what they see as small issues. Which kind of power is Sam using to get the job done
21. In _____, workers have been fired for refusing to quit smoking, for living with someone without being married, drinking a competitor’s product, motorcycling, and other legal activities outside of work.
invasion of privacy
22. Mary arrives at her new job. Before she can begin actually doing the work, she must complete a series of activities including role playing and virtual reality interactions. What type of training method does Mary’s new employer use
23. Which of the following is one of Dr. Eli Goldratt’s rules of production scheduling for optimized production technology
Utilization and activation of a resource are not the same.
If you lose an hour at a bottleneck it is better than making scrap.
An hour saved at a bottleneck operation does not increase the process flow.
Do not allow bottlenecks to govern the flow of the line.
24. Deming’s PDCA (plan, do, check, and act) cycle underlies what inherent Six Sigma principle
25.________ refers to an individual’s belief that he or she is capable of performing a task.
26.____________ is the biggest hurdle to overcome in a pay-for-performance plan.
Salary cap performance level
27. In order to make their firm a learning organization, managers should
avoid the use of cross-functional teams
reinforce interdependence and reduce boundaries
increase the degree of departmentalization
28. During the implementation of a project, which of the following should be the primary focus of a consulting firm
People management skills
Application of the learning curve theory
The correct project software
Tools and materials availability
29. The concept that some leadership attributes will work in some situations but not in others can be described by the
leadership effectiveness theory
30. Which of the following statements is true with regard to the effectiveness of tactics
All tactics are equally effective with regard to upward influence.
Individuals from collectivist cultures are typically more likely to use soft tactics that reflect personal power.
Soft tactics are less effective than hard tactics when used individually
The combination of a soft tactic with reasonable persuasion is more effective than a combination of two hard tactics.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.