1. Water-soluble hormones, such as proteins and peptide hormones, activate target cells using _______.a. direct gene activation
b. the second-messenger system
c. steroid hormone action
2. The most common stimulus for prodding endocrine glands into action is ________.
d. direct gene activation
3. The endocrine gland most closely associated with the hypothalamus is the ________.
b. pineal gland
c. thyroid gland
d. pituitary gland
4. The target organ of thyrotropic hormone (TH), or thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), is the ________ gland.
5. Alcohol suppresses the production of this hormone, ________, which normally promotes water
retention and prevents dehydration.
a. antidiuretic hormone (ADH)
c. thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH)
d. cortisolUnit 3 Examination 128 GED 102 The Human Body
6. The hypothalamus makes two hormones, ________ and ________, that are stored by the posterior pituitary.
a. oxytocin; antidiuretic hormone (ADH)
b. cortisol; aldosterone
c. growth hormone; prolactin
d. antidiuretic hormone (ADH); prolactin
7. Normal blood pH falls in a range between ________ to ________.
a. 7.1; 7.2
b. 7.35; 7.45
c. 7.6; 7.75
d. 7.85; 8.05
8. An important plasma protein that contributes to the osmotic pressure of blood is ________.
9. The percentage of erythrocytes in blood is known as the ________.
b. buffy coat
10. Each hemoglobin molecule is able to transport ________ molecule(s) of oxygen.
11. A decrease in the oxygen-carrying ability of the blood, for any reason, is a condition known as ________.
12. Life at a high altitude can lead to a red blood cell disorder known as ________.
13. The layer of the heart wall that receives the stimulus from letter E is called the ________.
14. The partition where the bundle branches are located is called the ________.
a. left atrioventricular groove
b. interatrial septum
c. interventricular septum
d. right atrioventricular groove
15. The pointed, inferior portion of the heart, known as the ________, rests on the diaphragm and is oriented toward the left hip.
16. The visceral layer of the serous pericardium is actually the same layer as the ________.
c. fibrous pericardium
17. The two superior receiving chambers of the heart are known as the ________, while the two inferior discharging chambers of the heart are known as the ________.
a. ventricles; atria
b. atria; ventricles
c. arteries; veins
d. veins; arteries
18. The valves located between the atria and ventricles are known as the ________ valves.
b. atrioventricular (AV)
19. Blood leaves the left ventricle through an artery known as the ________.
a. pulmonary trunk
c. superior vena cava
d. coronary sinus
20. Lymph fluid and some plasma proteins originate (escape) from the ________.
a. intracellular fluid
b. blood vascular system
c. endocrine system
d. respiratory system
21. Excess accumulation of fluid, which impairs the exchange of materials within the tissues, is called ________.
d. MALT (mucosa-associated lymphatic tissue)
22. The ________ duct drains lymph from the right arm and the right side of the head and thorax.
d. right lymphatic
23. Bacteria and tumor cells are removed from lymph by ________.
a. lymph nodes
c. the spleen
24. The role of the ________ is to trap and remove bacteria or other foreign pathogens entering the throat.
d. lymph node
25. Peyer’s patches and the tonsils are part of the collection of small lymphoid tissues that protect the upper respiratory and digestive tracts from infection and are referred to as ________.
a. lymph nodes
b. MALT or mucosa-associated lymphatic tissue
c. germinal centers
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.