What is an example of cost information that is adequate for reporting purposes but perhaps inadequate for managers and executives Use different examples than those provided in the chapter.
2. Why don’t health care organizations use the most accurate costing techniques available
3. What is wrong with allocating costs such as nursing on a per diem basis
4. What are the total financial requirements of a health care organization
5. What are the minimum data that a nurse manager would need about a nursing unit for which he or she is responsible
6. As the manager, you can now determine the staff mix. What data do you need to decide on the appropriate staff mix
7. What is the Medicare step-down approach
8. Describe the four approaches to allocating a revenue center’s costs to units of service.
9. What costs should be included in determining the costs of nursing care
10. What is product-line costing
11. What are the factors associated with the retention of professional nursing staff
12. How does a nurse manager determine the cost of turnover
Chapter 09: Determining Health Care Costs and Prices
1. Below is a cost-allocation problem. You are given the nonrevenue center bases for allocation and the direct costs for each cost center. Allocate the nonrevenue cost center costs to the revenue centers using step-down allocation. Then allocate them again. The second time, change the order of allocation. Did it change the total direct and indirect costs of each revenue center By how much Note that administration costs are allocated based on the direct cost of each cost center, under the good-enough assumption that cost centers with more costs require more administrative supervision. Nursing is allocated based on nursing hours, under the good-enough assumption that a cost center consuming twice as many nursing hours is consuming twice as much nursing costs.
Exhibit 9-1 Allocation Bases
COST BASE INFORMATION FOR ALLOCATION
Nonrevenue Cost Centers Revenue Cost Centers
AdministrationNursing Room Per Diem Cost
Direct cost $100,000 $300,000 $100,000 $0 $500,000
Direct costs 75% 25% 0% 100%
Nursing hours 10% — 20% 70% 100%
2. Assume that you are the nurse manager of a primary care clinic. The total fixed costs of the clinic are $2000 per week. The variable costs of the clinic are approximately $20 per patient visit, at the typical level of patient acuity generally observed in the clinic. The clinic has 50 patient visits per day for 5 days per week. Using these data, answer the next two questions.
a. What is the average cost for each patient for each visit
b. What will the average cost for each visit be if the clinic has only 25 visits per day
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.