Analyzing and writing Harrison Bergeron theme essay
Harrison Bergeron is a well-know piece of literature written in the genre of fiction by an outstanding author Kurt Vonnegut. This is an essential part of studying at high school literature curses, as long as this short story represents the classics of the twentieth century in the United States. Together with reading the short story itself, students are often asked to analyze it and write an essay presenting their analysis. The story is a genius satire critiquing the way of life that society involves people in, as well as the claims concerning the necessity of being all similar, which is also enforced by society. Here, you will find tips and guidelines that will help you in coping with your essay on Harrison Bergeron .
Harrison Bergeron short story, as well as all the other fiction stories, is a kind of narrative, that puts together events that are made up by the author. The perception of fiction literature is always subjective, because every reader has its own opinion, believes, attitudes in the light of which he reflects on the story. In order to write a good paper on literature, you need to follow the next steps:
- Read the short story attentively and take notes, when reading. Jot down impressive moments, strong quotations and ideas coming to your mind in the process. Try not to miss any important thought and phrase.
- Define the main and key events in the short story. Here, we mean the plot of Harrison Bergeron. You need to answer the following questions: is the plot built in a chronological order or not? When is the culmination of the short story? Who plays the main role in the story?
- Define the place, time period that the plot of the story takes place in and think in what way it affects the characters and the short story itself.
- Identify the main idea (moral) of the story. What does Kurt Vonnegut want to say in this piece of literature? What is his main point? What did you learn from reading the story?
- Work on the characters of the short story. You need to identify them and make a list of them, if appropriate. Define the positive and negative characters, their role, the importance of their roles, the way in which they change throughout the plot of the story.
- What are the themes of the short story? Keep in mind that they may be parallel and take place in the plot simultaneously.
- What do you personally feel when reading the story? Here, you need to identify, whether Kurt Vonnegut managed to evoke your emotionality. If he did, think about the way, in which he did it.
- What are the symbols of the story? Is there any object in the short story that represents a hidden meaning? What are such objects and what exactly they represent?
- What is the atmosphere, style of the short story and the manner, in which it is written? Like any song, a short story can be sad or happy, romantic and so on.
- Find out the methods of figurative language. What are they? It may be comparing, metaphors, hyperboles, personification and so on.
Making an outline
After you have read the short story and selected a topic among the list of Harrison Bergeron essay topics , you need to put everything that you wrote during reading together and make an outline. In case you already have Harrison Bergeron essay questions , that were provided in requirements to your assignment, you need to include them into your outline.
The first part of your essay is going to be the introduction. Here, you will let the readers know what your paper is about, what your key point is, what you want to prove and the reader will decide, whether he wants to continue reading. Your introduction should be no more than one paragraph with five or seven sentences. After your introduction part is ready, you should proceed to write the body of your essay. If you take all steps that are provided above, you will not face any difficulties with writing the body of your essay, because by this time, you will know every idea that you want to include, arguments to prove your idea (the quotations that you wrote down, examples from the plot of the story), your own attitude to the story and opinion about it. Remember, however, that the body of your essay needs to consist of several paragraphs (as a rule, there are three paragraphs in the body, although you may include two, four or even five, depending in the number of main ideas that you want to provide). The opening sentence of every paragraph should be a little introduction to it. You need to put the idea in the first sentence and support it with further several sentences. The argumentation should be in the middle of every paragraph and take three or five sentences. In the end of every paragraph, you need to provide a little conclusion that proves that the arguments you provided support your idea, given in the first sentence.
Pay attention to the conclusions of your essay. Although the main content is in the body of the paper, conclusions are also a very important part, because it is the last information your reader is going to remember. You need to show by means of conclusions the relevance of your essay and demonstrate how all the arguments prove the rightness of your main idea.
All in all, it seems that a piece of hard work is waiting for you. However, if you decide to turn to the help of our team, you will have no problems. Our professional writers know exactly how to accomplish a great analysis of a story and how to write an outstanding essay about Harrison Bergeron. Apart from this, our team provides students with the following services:
- Write a book report and a generic essay .
- Explain how to start a thesis .
- Assistance with case study definition .
- Help with thesis theme .
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.