Let’s learn more about comparison essay topics
We know that you’re currently looking for more information about comparison essays topics . Well, some people may face a difficulty with picking up a good comparison essay topic on their own. So, it’s a normal thing for them to seek comparison essay topic ideas on the net or elsewhere. In this guide you’ll find not only a bunch of promising comparison essay ideas , but also learn a lot about how you should write your compare and contrast essay.
As you might have guessed, the key purpose of this type of essays is to find evident similarities and differences in two subjects. By giving such assignments, your tutors are simply encouraging you to make precise connections between ideas, texts and anything else. Furthermore, writing such essays is one of the best ways to get used to critical thinking.
We’ve just told above that in this essay we’re going to contrast and compare two subjects. You way wonder what subjects that could be. For instance, these may be:
- The World War I and the World War II
- Bonds and stocks
- Superego and ego
- Pepsi and Coke
- UK Prime Minister and Us President
- Classical music and jass
- Football and soccer
- Astrology and astronomy
- Democrats and republicans
- Socialism and capitalism
- Chemistry and biology
- Credit cards and cash
- Presidency and monarchy
- Baroque art and Renaissance art
- Judaism and Christianity
- Adulthood and childhood
- Blizzards and hurricanes
- Being a toddler and being a teen
- High school and reality TV shows
- Rainfalls and snowfalls
- The Three Little Pigs and The Three Bears
- Playing outdoor games and playing Wii games
- Spending time with your dog and spending time with your friends
- Living in the city and living on a farm
- Watching a movie at home and going to a movie
- The life of a cat and the life of a dog
- A male friend and a female friend
- Your worst birthday and your best birthday
- Inner beauty and physical beauty
- The benefits of heat and the benefits of cold
- Formula One and Nascar
- The 1970s and the 1980s
- Drifting in the open sea and wandering on the African plain
Sure, these aren’t the only possible topics for your compare and contrast essay. Nevertheless, you can make use of them, if you wish.
Having picked up the right topic for your compare and contrast essay, you should pay enough attention to your thesis. The role of a thesis in your essay is very important. The given element can help you to make a focused argument and provide your readers with a helpful road map, enabling them not to get lost in the ocean of your points.
With a newly chosen thesis, you can shift to organizing your essay. There’re two basic ways to do this:
- Subject-by-subject: In this case, you should start telling everything about the first subject. Then illustrate all the points regarding the second subject. Perhaps, the biggest downside of this approach is that your paper will most likely look just a list of points and nothing else.
- It won’t be difficult for your tutor to notice this bug in your paper. Just listing the subject’s features isn’t that thing your instructor might want from you. On the contrary, you’re expected to contrast and compare the entrusted things very directly. So, you’d better avoid disappointing your advisors. If you’ve picked up this subject-by-subject format, make an analytical strong thesis, not to mention one body paragraph bringing all the different points together.
- Point-by-point: Instead of addressing items one subject at a time, there is an alternative approach. What about talking about one point of comparison at a time? If you’re writing a short essay, then in one paragraph you can discuss how this particular point of comparison or contrast relates to all the items discussed by you.
- If you have more to say about the subjects, you’re actually comparing and contrasting, you should devote the whole paragraph to how every point relates to every item.
There aren’t any strict rules as for organizing a compare and contrast essay. Just make sure your readers can easily tell what’s happened. Secondly, pay much attention to the placement of different points. You should realize that the last point written by you is what you’re leaving your readers with.
By strictly following all the tips illustrated here above, you’ll write perfect topic sentences as well as transitions. You’ll enjoy a sturdy structure of your paper anyway.
Well, your thesis might have already given your readers a good idea of he points you’re going to deal with. They can also guess what organization you’re going to utilize in your compare and contrast essay. However, they may still lack some clues. The following words will drop a clear hint at your intentions within the essay:
- in the same way
- similar to
- in this manner
- on the contrary
- compared to
- on the other hand
- even though
- in contrast
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.