Getting started with A Modest Proposal essay
One of the pieces of literature that students are asked to read and analyze within their literature classes is A Modest Proposal. The majority of students find this literature work very difficult to understand and analyze, which is not surprising at all, since this brutal satire enlightens such issues, that are very hard to comprehend. The major line in the essay is the unbelievable poverty, which provokes people commit horrible deeds. Although the work is not very long, since it is an essay, it is still hard to read because of its emotional aspect. Nevertheless, writing A Modest Proposal essay is something that students have to do quite often. Fortunately, we can help you deal with this difficult writing assignment. Our professional writers know exactly how to write a perfect essay analyzing A Modest Proposal, as long as completing of such assignment lies within their area of expertise. Also, we provided in this article some tips and guidelines that you will find interesting and useful.
When you are asked to write A Modest Proposal essay analyzing this piece of literature, it is important that you understand the purpose of your writing assignment. A critical analysis usually foresees that you read the assigned piece of writing attentively, examine it carefully and finally, determine the effectiveness of the work, its advantages and disadvantages, strong and weak sides, while supporting your point of view with a strong argumentation, including appropriate evidences, quotations and so on. As a matter of fact, you need to concentrate on the specific characteristics and features of the assigned work and not only provide your personal opinion in its regard, but also to demonstrate your awareness of the main idea of the assigned work, its meaning and moral. In addition, it is essential that you show appropriate skills that a student has to possess for completing this kind of writing assignment. Among such skills, there are: the writing skills, analyzing, researching and others. Below, you will find several tips and guidelines for creating a good essay about A Modest Proposal.
Steps to write your essay
- The first thing you need to do, is to define the main idea of the literature work. By this, we mean that you have to clarify what, in your opinion, the author wanted to say by writing his work.
- The second step that you need to undertake is noting all the key ideas of the piece of literature. This is a necessary step because it will help you identify the major lines of the plot of the work, as well as the roles of the main characters and their importance in presenting the idea of the work.
- Do research on the time period, which is described in the piece of writing, as well as on the place where the plot takes place. Knowing the historical context of the plot will make it easier for you to understand the overall pattern.
- Analyze the main events described in the story. Here, it is important that you ask yourself the following questions: what is the major line in the plot of the story? Is there a conflict and if there is, identify it. Where is the turning point and the culmination?
- Identify and analyze the setting of the plot. Here, it is important that you comprehend the way, in which the setting affects the overall plot of the story and what role it play in the behavior of the main characters.
- Define the key characters of the plot of the story. You need to find out the meaning of each role played by every character and its importance in presenting the main idea that the author wanted to tell.
- Analyze the symbolism and find out the major symbols of the story. As a matter of fact, using different objects, characters or various elements helps the author to announce the hidden meaning of the story and support his point.
- Analyze the style of the story. It is essential that you comprehend, whether the tone used by the author while telling the story is formal or informal. What literature methods help the author make you feel excited, sad or surprised?
Once you have undertaken these steps, you need to reread all the notes that you have taken during reading the story and put them together in order to write your paper. There is a wide range of A Modest Proposal ideas for essays, which can help you come up with a precise topic to enlighten in your essay. Consider writing your paper on one of the following A Modest Proposal essay topics, although remember that you are free to use any of Modest Proposal essay ideas that you find appropriate.
- The role of irony in the story. In fact, A Modest Proposal is famous for the irony used in the plot. You may try to identify the role of this literature methods, while providing examples and quotations directly from the text.
- The role of satire in the plot of the story. As well, as in the case with irony, your task here is to analyze and evaluate the importance of satire in the story.
- Analyze the humor and how it helps author provide the reader with a clear image of the overall pattern.
- Write a compare and contrast paper providing analysis of two different stories, one of which would be A Modest Proposal, and the other one would be another story of this or even some other author.
- Write a paper providing your personal opinion (or response) to the story. Here, you may express your attitude to the piece of writing, while providing arguments that would support your point.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.