It’s high time to implement persuasive essay techniques
There’s no doubt that persuasive writing is an extremely delicate endeavor. Some people even dare to make a sort of art out of this stuff. Others can only make a mess and nothing else. When a persuasive essay is written by a skilled writer, it can be moving, inspiring and certainly convincing. On the other hand, when it’s done badly, it will turn the audience off. Respectively, if you’re interested in creating a positive impression on your audience, make the most of these persuasive essay techniques mentioned here below.
It won’t take you much time to get familiar with persuasive techniques in essays. First, let’s see what you shouldn’t do in your persuasive writing:
- Avoid using first person: Any persuasive essay gets credibility by simply achieving a certain level of objectivity. Respectively, if you make it personal by employing «I» statements, you make it a banal personal point of view, rather than a solid research work.
- Hyperbole: From any essays in persuasion, we know that an essay write shouldn’t exaggerate. Let’s assume your argument is that Reagan’s economic policies harmed the American middle class, avoid writing the stuff like this «The President Ronald Reagan managed to throw the country’s economic progress right to the Stone Age», because it would look excessively dramatic and it can even undermine your precious authority. As a result, the audience won’t trust the rest of your arguments. You’d better stick to solid historical analysis, stats and true facts.
- Don’t rant: From any reputable persuasive techniques essay you can learn that no one appreciates staying on the receiving end of rant. Well, even if you’re persuaded that representatives of this particular party are devil’s kids, unless you’ve got true facts or evidence to prove it, anything written or told by you won’t be taken seriously. If go rambling with no structure organization, but with pure emotional impulse, your readers will most likely stop reading your essay.
- Don’t be rude, catty and mean: Avoid swearing and name-calling. Strong language as well as insults will more harm your reputation than your opponents. No one would like to be verbally assaulted. So aggressive and offensive commentaries will turn readers against you.
- Avoid leaving out opposing arguments: One of the evident strengths of this type of essay is that an author recognizes the opposing arguments. So, in this case you just let your readers get familiar with all the available facts and stick to those they find more valid. If you ignore the other side, you won’t have an opportunity to address this directly. By simply providing an analysis of the opposition’s point of view you’ll show that you’re a true expert in this particular field. Your audience will undoubtedly appreciate the fact that you’ve studied both sides of the given issue before giving your thoughts.
Now let’s see what you’re welcome to use in your persuasive essay:
- A powerful hook: It’s clear that as a writer you should do your best to capture your readers’ attention. This can be done in different ways. For instance, you can make use of a powerful quote, anecdotes and so on.
- Pay special attention to your thesis statement: Your thesis statement is the foundation of your essay, regardless of its type. So, it needs to be solid and strong enough. The stronger your thesis, the easier it will be to back it up.
- Include your research in perfectly organized supporting paragraphs: You require structuring your persuasive essay in the easy-to-follow way. Of course, you’re welcome to offer clear examples to support the thesis statement. As mentioned above the opposing arguments should be included too.
- Provide substantial research from reputable sources: Personal blogs spouting points of view by those who hold no degree in the subject they’re writing can’t be credible sources. If you like visiting Wikipedia, forget about this popular website too, as it also can’t a reliable source. Instead, you should stick to specialized publications, reputable magazines, newspaper articles when it comes to supporting your ideas.
- Make use of transition words: If you utilize transition words in the proper way, you’ll do wonders with your essay. Keep in mind that a persuasive essay isn’t about proving your opinion, but making it very easy for the audience to follow it. Use such words as «furthermore», «moreover», «in spite of» and «however». All of them will serve as guides throughout your persuasive essay. These words will alert your readers of a contrasting statement, reinforce ready-made points and signal the conclusion or introduction of a certain idea.
- Make a good conclusion: Just summarizing the key points of your persuasive essay isn’t enough. Use the concluding paragraph as an opportunity to explore further questions closely connected with the subject. For instance, if you’re disclosing the theme of global warming, drop a hint who could offer the long-awaited guidance or enumerate the benefits of continued presence.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.