Learning how to write a conclusion for an essay
The conclusion of your paper is a great opportunity to make a good last impression on your potential reader. For this reason, this part of your essay is very important. The purpose of this part of your paper is not to provide new facts or other new information, and also you are not expected to repeat what you have already written in the introduction and body paragraphs of your paper. At the same time, you need to mix up all the information that you have already provided in your essay and create a worthy conclusion by means of summarizing the overall content of your paper, its key points and the purpose. Every strong conclusion needs to include a number of key components, but at the same time, there are also things that you need to avoid while writing conclusion in order not to weaken or spoil your your essay. In this article, you will learn how to write a conclusion for an essay, just try to follow the provided below tips and guidelines.
Tips how to write a conclusion for an essay are useful no matter what kind of essay your write, whether it is an informative, descriptive, comparative or any other paper. An effective conclusion is an integral part of a remarkable paper, so it should always provide a summary of the content of your paper, because this is what makes it strong. To begin with, you need to reread your paper very attentively. Then, restate the topic of your essay and think thoroughly why you consider it to be important, because you need to explain it to your reader. Avoid spending to much time or space for this part of your assignment, as long as restating of the topic requires to be brief and quite narrow. Is your essay is already good and remarkable enough, it will demonstrate the main reasons why your topic is important, so there is no need to rewrite it in the conclusion. On the other hand, you need to look for proper words that could prove the importance of your topic in only one sentence. Once you managed to restate the topic of your paper, you’ve got the first sentence of your essay written. After that, you need to follow the next steps explaining how to write a conclusion for an essay.
Steps to follow how to write a conclusion for an essay
- Restating of your thesis. When the topic of your paper is restated already, you need to do the same restatement with your thesis. It is important that you do this in such a way, that it could complement the summary of your topic that you provided in the first opening sentence of the conclusion.
- Reread all the key points provided in the body paragraphs of your essay and summarize them briefly. Eventually, you are going to remind your target audience the most important and essential moments of your paper. Pay attention to the opening sentence of every paragraph, because they are the subtopics of your essay.
- Provide an explanation of the importance and significance of your key points. However, it is essential to do only if you haven’t done it yet in the main part of your essay. If the complete explanation is already provided, there is no need to go into details. In this case, just try to restate the thesis statement.
- If appropriate, provoke your target audience to some actions. It can be further discussion, or you can provoke them to change their mind in regard to that or another issue, or to do something, as well as to stop doing something.
- There has to be the ground of your paper. Even if you don’t have to repeat anything already written in your conclusions, there has to be a logical ending that has common characteristics with the introduction of the paper. Therefore, you are going to synthesize the provided in your paper information, not only summarize its key points.
- Make your paper look like a circle of logical events. One of good methods how to write a conclusion for an essay is to link the last paragraph of your paper with the introductory paragraph. By means of this, you will get a logical circle. Also, you may ask your target audience question in the final sentence, if appropriate. It will grab your potential reader’s attention and provoke them to discussing and thinking about the issues enlightened in your paper.
- When writing the last sentence of your conclusion, state a convincing opinion. Since your paper provides lots of information about certain phenomenon, you need to build an effective statement that would put all your arguments together in one sentence.
- Consider ending your paper with a warning. For example, if you are writing a paper about environment pollution, you may conclude with warning your reader about consequences of certain actions that lead to pollution of the environment.
- Give a suggestion. If you are enlightening some sort of a problem, you may suggest your way of solving it. Also, express your position by means of providing an example of how that or another solution could be implemented.
- Provide a quotation. In case if you are writing a paper on a piece of literature, you may use a quotation directly from the assigned book or cite the author of that or another book.
If you read attentively and follow the above mentioned tips how to write a conclusion for an essay, you will get your paper provided with a strong and impressive ending.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.