Why Introductions Matter so Much?
If you are wondering about how to write a good introductory paragraph for an essay, then this article will be very useful to you. The intro paragraph has two main aims:
- It introduces the topic of your essay and prepares a reader for the project you will be writing.
- It attracts a reader’s attention so they will be interested to read more about the project.
In order to write an interesting introduction, a few of basic rules need to be followed. If you don’t know how to write a good introductory paragraph for an essay or experiencing some other problems with it, then you should use our service, where you will be able to find professional authors who will implement your introduction or science paper.
- In the first paragraph of your essay you get an opportunity to make a good first impression. If you want to know how to write a good introductory paragraph for an essay, you need to remember to draw readers’ attention and make them interested in your project. By inserting thoughtful and deep ideas into the introduction part, you will convince a reader that your project is worthy of their attention and time. If your introduction will be boring and uninteresting, the readers won’t be willing to focus and spend their time listening to your project.
- In the introduction of your short essays or abstracts, you are introducing the topic of your paper, as well as identifying the tone, attitude, and methods you are going to use in order to study that topic.
- The introduction part represents itself as a map for readers, which helps them to understand what your paper is going to be about. If you are writing a thesis paper, then the thesis statement should be included in the introduction. If you need help, use our service where you will find answers on how to write a introductory paragraph for an essay.
The plan of the introduction can be different – you can use one paragraph instead of two, you can emphasize one matter more than the other – but in any case, the introduction needs to cover all of the following entries:
- Paragraph 1: Motivation. One of the tips on how to write a good introductory paragraph for an essay is to explain to what scientific area your project belongs to and why it is important to write a project in such an area. Try to specify a wider context for the matter – the interest of the problem to the big communities.
- Paragraph 2: The specific of a problem covered in your paper. In this section you need to specialize the topic area of your essay or cover letter. The first paragraph contained the general context and importance. In this paragraph you need to set the certain background and context.
- Paragraph 3: The contribution of your paper. This paragraph is the main one when writing a definition essay. Here, you have to sum up all the main contributions of your study in the terms of the context you have specified in the first two paragraphs. Here, you need to give answers to such questions as «What general approach was used in your paper?» and «Why are the results of the study important?» This paragraph must be very well-written. If you don’t know how to write a good paragraph for an essay, contact our service.
- Paragraph 4: The differences of your study with others. Here, you need to specify the differences in what you are doing in your project and what others have done. It is important to identify what is new about your study.
- Paragraph 5: Introduce the structure of your project. Let a reader know how your paper is structured. However, do not use common phrases, like «In section one I will specify…», and so on.
In each of the paragraphs of your introduction the tenses should match. Also, every paragraph should have a theme sentence that creates the tone of the whole paragraph. Try to relate all the paragraphs to each other.
Tips on how to write a good introductory paragraph for an essay :
- Write your introduction when the rest of the project is finished. Often, it is much easier to figure out what exactly you want to say after you finish writing the rest of your essay.
- If you are writing a narrative or personal response essay, use an anecdote, interesting quote, startling fact, description, or provocative statement in order to draw readers’ attention.
- If you are writing a research paper, literature review, or summary, start your introduction with a statement of a problem your paper is addressing. Then, specify the context of the problem and its importance. After that, identify the purpose of the paper and finish the introduction with the thesis statement or summary of your essay contents.
If you don’t know for sure how to write a good introductory paragraph for an essay, then definitely try to be careful with the following types of introductions:
- Intros that starts with a question. Often, students make the common mistake by starting an intro part with the restatement of the question their professor wrote. If you still decide to start your introduction with a question, then try to make it interesting without making a restatement of the question. If you how to write a good introductory paragraph for an essay, use our service with a big database of professional authors.
- Intros with a dictionary definition. Even though it is important to identify the terms of the discussion, do not insert dictionary definitions in your introduction. If you need to give definitions to some of the terms, do it in the main part of your essay.
- Introductions with generalized phrases. Try to avoid phrases, like «Since the beginning of time…». This is a very vague statement and it suggests that the writer doesn’t have much to say.
- Don’t focus in your introduction on what you don’t do in your project, instead, be clear and specific on what you do, what methodology and terms you use, and how you use them.
If you still having some problems with making an introduction or you don’t know how to write a good introductory paragraph for an essay, our service will help you to find the right writers for the implementation of your project who will also provide you with interesting case study topics.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.