What Is a Scalene Triangle ?
Geometry can be quite a tricky subject for many students because there are different ways become confused when doing homework. That’s why you should be careful and practice hard to achieve your academic success, so keep in mind that this discipline requires repetitions to get better. Basically, it’s all about studying different angles, lines, and shapes, so be prepared to come across a variety of triangles. You need to know that they are 3-sided closed shapes, and this means that triangles are bounded by 3 sides and have 3 interior angles. Have you ever wondered how to classify them? What is a scalene triangle ? If you need to answer these questions when completing your geometry assignments, make sure that you get the right knowledge. It’s advisable to find out more about this shape, its important properties, and examples. If this academic task seems a bit confusing or difficult, don’t hesitate to get professional help because there are many qualified and talented freelancers who offer their affordable services online.
Triangles are some of the most fundamental figures when it comes to Euclidian geometry, and there are 3 basic elements necessary to make them, such as the following:
- 3 sides;
- 2-dimensional or plane figures;
- Their sum of interior angles must equal 180 degrees.
In triangles, every exterior angle must have 2 remote interior angles, which are 2 angles that are inside these figures and opposite from their exterior angle.
What about other triangles? It’s interesting that this term is also used in other areas, not only geometry. People use it for those things that resemble triangles, either in having 3 points that are connected or in having this form. For example, pay attention to a musical instrument (a triangle), which is a metal rod that has 3 sides, but the main difference is that 1 corner is open. Take into account that it’s hung by a thin wire that enables it to vibrate when struck by beaters. This musical instrument is often used in both band and orchestral music. You might have heard about the so-called love triangle, which is a romantic situation involving 3 people.
In geometry, all triangles can be classified based either on the measure of their angles or the length of their sides. You will need to learn some dissertation methodology when studying this classification. The one based on sides involve:
- Scalene triangles (they have no congruent sides);
- Equilateral triangles (with 3 congruent sides);
- Isosceles triangles (they have at least 2 congruent sides).
Remember that equilateral triangles are also isosceles, and this means that all triangles are either isosceles or scalene. However, when geometry students call triangles isosceles, they often refer to the ones that have only 2 equal sides. That’s because they would call these figures equilateral if they had 3 equal sides. It’s not easy to assume that when doing some tricky geometry homework. Now, let’s take a look at each category of triangles in detail.
Scalene triangles. As you already know, they have 3 unequal sides in addition to 3 unequal angles. Another important detail is that a middle-length side is across from a middle-sized angle, their shortest side is across from their smallest angle, and the longest side is right across from the largest angle. The ratio of all sides of these triangles doesn’t equal the ratio of their angles, but don’t assume that if one side is twice as long as the other one, this means that those angles that are opposite to these sides have the same ratio. That’s because the ratio of triangle sides can be closer to the ratio of its angles, but when dealing with scalene types, this ratio is never equal.
Isosceles triangles. They have 2 equal angles and 2 equal sides (they are called legs, while the 3rd side is a base). Take these names into consideration when writing your science paper on this subject. Besides, 2 angles that touch a base (they can be either equal or congruent) are called base angles, while their angle between 2 legs is called a vertex angle.
Equilateral triangles. Such figures have 3 equal sides and 3 equal angles (where each one must be 60 degrees). Keep in mind that equal angles make triangles equilateral and equiangular, and you may not hear the latter term quite often because most people prefer to call this type of triangle equilateral. When it comes to other polygons, be prepared to use both terms. If you cut it in half in the middle, you will get 2 30-60-90 degrees right triangles, and they figure quite heavily in both trigonometry and geometry.
The Classification of Triangles by Angles
- All angles of equiangular triangles are equal (and each one is 60 degrees) so that they are some sort of acute and equilateral figures.
- One of the angles of right triangles is a right angle (90 degrees), and they can be either scalene or isosceles.
- One angle of obtuse triangles is greater than their right angle, which means that it’s more than 90 degrees, and these figures can be either scalene or isosceles too.
- All angles of acute triangles must be less than right angles (less than 90 degrees), and they can isosceles, scalene, and equilateral.
What Is a Scalene Triangle in Geometry?
You’ve probably seen many triangles in your real life, and you’ve noticed that they come in different types. For instance, some of them have equal sides, while others have sides of different lengths. The latter ones are called scalene, and this name has its Latin (skalenus) and Green origin (skalenos), which means being unequal. If you see a triangle that has side lengths of two, three, and four centimeters, this means that it’s scalene, but the one that has side lengths of two, two, and three centimeters is not scalene because 2 sides are equal. Remember that scalene triangles are the ones where all sides have different lengths, and most triangles that are drawn at random belong to this category. Besides, their interior angles are always different.
What about the basic properties of such triangles? The most significant one is that they have 3 sides with different lengths, but there are other important properties that should be taken into consideration by those students who study geometry. Just like other triangles, all of their angles must be 180 degrees, but they all have different measures. Take a look at the following examples to get a better understanding:
- 40-50-90 degrees describe a scalene triangle because all of these angle measures are different.
- 60-60-60 degrees don’t describe this type because all angle measures are equal.
- 10-120-50 degrees are all about a scalene triangle.
What is a scalene triangle ? Focus on other interesting properties to find the answer to this question, especially if you encounter specific problems in your geometry homework.
- The longest side of such triangle must be opposite to their largest angle.
- Their shortest side must be opposite to the smallest angle.
You also need to look for specific examples of such triangles. When it comes to your real life, most triangles that you see are scalene. The main reason is that it’s quite hard to make at least two things the same size, and that’s why almost all triangles have sides of different lengths. Feel free to go to a local grocery store to get some great examples, such as cheese wedges that have a triangular shape. Take a look at a door stop because it’s quite likely to have a triangular cross section, just like any pennant. Nowadays, triangles are widely used in a number of places, such as the modern construction industry due to their incredible stability. Another excellent real-life example is a roof truss that is used in many building roofs. Take into account other examples, including sails and ramps because this shape is quite strong, and this is what makes it a perfect choice for construction works. Most ramps, like the ones used in skateboarding parks, are scalene triangles as well, and they provide users with quite a stable platform.
The Basic Types of Scalene Triangles
As a student who studies geometry, it’s necessary to master this subject to write the best turabian paper and get high grades. All scalene triangles can be categorized as:
- All of their angles are acute, while all sides have different lengths.
- One of their angles is right, while all sides are of different lengths too.
- These triangles have 1 obtuse angle and all of their sides have different measures.
- Special scalene right triangles. All of their sides are 30-60-90 degrees.
- The lengths of all sides are equal, while the measures of three angles are equal too. However, it’s impossible to have this type of triangle because this figure can’t have all unequal and equal sides at the same time,
- Isosceles triangles. The lengths of their two sides are equal, just like the measures of their two angles, but they are impossible to have too because triangles can be either scalene or isosceles so that it can’t have 2 equal and all unequal sides.
Where to Get Geometry Homework Help
If you have certain difficulties when completing your assignments, such as not knowing anything about the right thesis format, use the following suggestions:
- Visit geometry-dedicated websites. This tip seems quite obvious, but some students still fail to use it when dealing with scalene triangles or other topics. Keep in mind that such online resources will provide you with your access to deeper and more detailed answers that can help you do your tricky homework successfully.
- Look for multiple answers. When searching for them over the Internet, it’s not advisable to stick to only one sample answer. You should get multiple answers for a particular question to ensure that you choose the right one. Besides, this is what will let you get familiar with a variety of techniques and methods to answer different geometry questions, including the ones about scalene triangles.
- Talk to your friends. If you have any problems with finding good quality geometry homework tips and answers, think about your friends because they may know how to help you. Be sure to listen to their opinions to avoid wasting your time.
- Search for the medium that is perfect for your needs. The Internet offers a number of ways to study geometry and other academic disciplines. Some students prefer just to read basic information, while others look for someone who can explain different details to them, including writing an opinion essay
- Bookmark the most helpful websites. It’s obvious that you will need some help with your geometry homework in the future so that you require it not only when dealing with scalene triangles, but it also will be needed for other topics. That’s why bookmarking good websites is a wise idea for any student.
- Find excellent texts with many examples for you to study. They must have multiple examples on a specific topic that you study to help you solve a problem with your geometry homework. You shouldn’t ignore this useful source of information because you can teach a lot with its help.
- Avoid feeling overwhelmed. It’s advisable to take breaks while completing your academic assignments to refresh your mind. For example, if you think that a certain problem has no solution, start over anew and you will solve it faster.
- Start as early as possible. It’s the best thing that all students can do when completing their geometry tasks. This is how you will avoid a lot of stress and frustration, while having enough time at your disposal to check everything twice. Don’t postpone your homework till the last moment.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.