Applied Business Project (HRM) ASSIGNMENT
The assignment question reflects the core themes addressed during the ABP HRM module. The aim of the assignment is to encourage students to combine theoretical and practical aspects of HRM by referring to practical company case study examples when assessing the core theories and themes in the HRM literature.
SELECT ONE relevant case organisation with which you are familiar – one that you can access relevant HRM information about (for example, one you have worked for, had an internship in, an organisation familiar to your family/friends, or one you have been able to find detailed information about on the internet, in books, newspaper articles, etc).
READ the book chapter I have placed on blackboard by Sisson and Purcell (2010) entitled ‘Management: Caught between competing views of the organization’.
Based upon the Sisson and Purcell chapter, other recommended academic literature for the module (such as the core Beardwell and Claydon textbook, etc – see recommended reading/references in course outline and seminar slides), your own wider reading material, and content of the module seminars, produce a 3000 word report critically evaluating your case organisation’s HR strategies and policies. Pay particular attention to commenting analytically on the competing approaches to HRM management might use (treating employees as a commodity cost to be controlled v treating them as a resource to be developed).
In completing the report, you are expected to address the following thematic issues:
• In the report, firstly, briefly summarize the organisation’s overall business strategy and goals and then,
• secondly, identify the organisation’s overall HR strategy and goals.
• Analyse the various components of HRM policy and practice in the organisation:
• talent management,
• recruitment and selection;
• Human Resource Development; employment relations,
• employee participation and voice; pay, reward & performance management (these might be referred to by different labels).
• Examine to what extent the various components of HRM support and contribute towards achieving the organisation’s overall strategy (vertical integration). Evaluate to what extent the various components of HRM are consistent and support each other in achieving the overall HR strategy (horizontal integration).
• Following Sisson and Purcell (2010), a key theme to be addressed is the degree to which HR management (and management generally) in your case organization face competing organizational pressures: notably, i) developing employees as a valued resource and seeking their cooperation (training & development, employee participation, profit sharing, etc) while ii) also having to control labour costs and performance (redundancies, cutting pay and benefits, closely monitoring employee performance, contracting out work, work intensification, hiring and firing temporary staff, etc). What is the balance between such competing approaches Is there evidence on the extent of cooperation or conflict in the employment relationship between employers and employees/trade unions
• Another theme to be discussed in your assignment is how organizational, sector/industry, national, and international contexts impact on HRM policies in your case company.
• Provide some conclusions, and then briefly recommend areas for possible future improvement in HR management in your chosen organization.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.