CRISIS and DISASTER MANAGEMENT (TOU 3011M)
1. Ensure that you have read the DIRECTIONS to STUDENTS outlined on front page of assessment brief. Note ‘terms of trade’ and in particular the penalties for non-compliance.
2. Word limit: 2500 +/- 10%.
3. Report format. At this stage you should concentrate on pulling your material together. During week 9 an assessment lecture is scheduled at which we will look at formatting the material incorporating it into the report.
4. Ensure that you READ the BRIEF. In particular note:
(i) select an organisation which is IN CRISIS or HEADING TOWARDS CRISIS
(ii) select a PRIVATE SECTOR ORGANISATION
5. One or two of you have already asked if you may look at a public sector organisation or an organisation which has been in crisis and is now in the early or latter stages of recovery. Please note:
(i) both options require a slightly different approach and set of considerations – much of which will be considered in the context of ‘disaster’ next term. Therefore, if you wish to so proceed,
(ii) please check with me, Martin K, whether your proposal is suitable. You may email me a brief proposal. You will then receive from me written approval/authorisation to proceed. Otherwise.
(iii) You will be expected to proceed in accordance with para 4 (i) and (ii) above.
6. Key to good assessment:
TAKE CONTROL OF THE ASSESSMENT: CONTAIN, MANAGE AND LIMIT THE EXTENT OF MATERIAL USED (remember – 2500 words)
• Make use of appendices for supplementary / background material.
• Place only material relevant to crisis in the main body of report
• Remember that reference to ‘antecedents’ on the assessment brief refers to background to crisis and should go in to report
• Organisational background etc… should go into appendices
• If your organisation is part of an ‘umbrella’ corporation eg Costa Cruises v Carnival Corporation – ensure that you distinguish and make clear whether the crisis is affecting the organisation or the corporation
(note: In this case, it would be advisable to include in the appendices, an organisational flow chart showing the relationship between the organisation and the ‘umbrella’ corporation)
• Ensure you have YOUR working definition of crisis
• Ensure that you have a clear understanding of the purpose and objectives of crisis management for YOUR chosen organisation
• Have you identified and isolated the PIVOTAL crisis
• Have you identified the PHASE of crisis (one only)
(note: do not waste time / words in the report listing all stages – only ONE phase needs to be addressed. If you wish to present a chronology through the phases – although not necessary – you should do so within the appendices)
• Have you identified the source of the crisis as External or Internal
• Have you identified the TURNING POINT (one only)
• Have you identified key STAKEHOLDERS affected by the crisis (no more than two)
• (note: feel free to make use of appendices to list all stakeholders if you wish – although not necessary)
• Have you identified TWO known threats ie those which have given rise to current crisis
• Have you identified TWO further potential threats (perceived) ie those which could arise from current crisis
7. Remember the SIGNIFCANCE AND IMPLICATIONS of your interpretation above:
(i) Your proposals for business continuity in your organisation will hinge upon the issues highlighted in para 6 above
(ii) Further, in assessing the significance and implications, you will be forced to think about and evaluate what has happened and how best to avoid it happening again thereby formulating proposals and justification for business continuity
8. CONNECT AND LINK the crisis to the business continuity proposal
The crisis (externa/internal – Phase – Turning Point)
Proposals for resolution
Evaluation – justification – recommendations – conclusion
GOOD, FULL and PURPOSEFUL REPORT
9. DATING the report: The submission date is 11 December 1200 noon. Given that many organisations are currently in the news and are likely to remain so for some time to come, you are advised to identify a ‘cut off date’ for your report so as to emphasise that the report deals with issues only up until a certain date – I would suggest one week before the official hand in date. You will need to include this in the report’s terms of reference section.
10. Assessment criteria: Ensure that you follow the criteria on assessment brief.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.