Duties of Children to Their Parents
In “What Do Grown Children Owe Their Parents ”, Jane English goes against traditional values by arguing that grown children have duties to their parents only if they are on friendly terms with them—and even then duties to parents are not stronger than duties to friends. On the other hand, Christina Hoff Sommers mounts a defense of traditional values. Tradition shows us that duties to immediate family members are stronger and more durable than the duties of friendship described by English.
With reference to “What Do Grown Children Owe Their Parents ” by Jane English and “Philosophers Against the Family” by Christina Hoff Sommers, argue that duties of grown children to their parents are stronger (i.e., they demand more from us) than duties of friendship. Be sure to explain what English meant by duties of friendship and why Hoff Sommers concluded that tradition is a legitimate source of moral obligations.
Your paper should include the following sections:
1. A brief introduction explaining why the topic is important. For example: “While tradition tells us that grown children have special duties to their parents, recent moral philosophy suggests otherwise. Contemporary moral philosophers such as Jane English argue that duties of adult children to their parents are not more demanding than duties to friends. Whether we believe that grown children have duties to their parents that go beyond duties of friendship will have profound effects on the well- being of many older adults.”
2. A clear and obvious statement of your paper’s thesis. This can be an extension of the introduction. For example: “In this paper, I am going to argue that duties of adult children to their parents are stronger than duties of friendship.”
3. A main argument explaining the logic and evidence that supports your view. Major points should be supported by properly documented quotations from or paraphrases of academic sources (i.e., the readings on this topic that we studied for class).
4. An objection to your paper’s thesis. Here you should take time to consider the strongest argument that can be made by someone taking the opposite position on this question.
5. A response to the objection. This is your chance to defend your position by explaining why the objection is not persuasive.
6. A conclusion that reveals the important practical implications of your thesis. A practical implication means the impact of your thesis on our daily lives. For example: “Recognizing that duties of grown children to their parents are stronger than duties of friendship would contribute to better lives for many older adults, because their children would be more present in their lives.”
Please write 1,000-1,500 words in complete and grammatically correct sentences.
Source Documentation Below & Articles Attached!
English, Jane. “What Do Grown Children Owe Their Parents ” Aging and Ethics: Philosophical Problems
in Gerontology. Ed. Nancy S. Jecker. New York: Humana Press, 1992. Print.
Hoff-Sommers, Christina. “Philosophers Against the Family.” Morality in Practice. Ed. James P. Sterba.
New York: Wadsworth, 1993. Print.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.