ethics of war, Reichberg, syse, begby, 2006
use the book the ethics of war, Reichberg, syse, begby, 2006 to answer each two questions in one paper:
1. In the introductory comments we discussed the idea of war in general. Specifically, define the following terms, and some of their components, as found in the just war theory: jus ad bellum; jus in bello; and jus post bellum, as they relate to the concept of ethics in war.
2. Again, in the introduction to the course, we discussed (perhaps briefly), three traditions that dominate the ethics of war and peace. These are as follows: a) Realism, b) Pacifism, and c) Just War Theory. Describe these traditions.
3. The early Greek historian, Thucydides (1), was the first Western writer to connect ethics and war. Illustrate this connection as he developed it in his History of the Peloponnesian War. Did he make direct and explicit connections Elaborate.
4. Plato (2) wrote about war in Greek Life. Specifically, he wrote “The recurring point in Plato’s dialogues is that war should not be considered apart from justice.” Support this statement.
5. Aristotle (3) in Politics (Book I) discusses two kinds of slavery – “natural slavery” and “slavery by convention”. How does he relate these kinds of slavery to the idea of just vs. unjust war Develop your discussion.
6. Augustine (7) writes about war. One of the headings under which some excerpts are organized is the one that deals with the use of “force in the service of religion.” How does Augustine develop his argument
7. Gratian (10), in Questions IV and V, addresses the issue of “the legitimacy for Christians of exerting punishment…” Even though the discussion deals with concepts of retribution and jurisdiction as they (and others) apply to more personal issues, they can be applied to the issue of war. Elaborate on this.
8. In n.7., “The pope may grant indulgences …, even though the Saracens occupy it.” How does Innocent lay the base for this statement and how does he justify the statement.
(Pope Innocent IV; nn 1-4, 7-10).
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.