PMAN 650 Session 3 Assignment (WBS)
The work breakdown structure (WBS) forms the basis for subsequent scheduling, estimating, and monitoring/controlling activities. It is critical, therefore, that the work breakdown structure clearly communicate the project manager’s intent with respect to how the project is to be structured.
Some of you may have had the opportunity to develop a work breakdown structure in your professional careers; some may have had the opportunity to develop a work breakdown structure in the PMAN fundamentals class. In this review assignment, you will have an opportunity to brush up on your WBS knowledge and skills. Based on the scope description provided herein:
• Create and present a work breakdown structure down to the work package level – do not decompose work packages into component activities. The WBS may be presented in either a graphical or tabular format.
• Decompose products/outcomes as far as possible without breaking individual components apart (for example, if a toilet were to be replaced, you would not decompose the toilet into a bowl, a tank, and a seat). Product/outcome decomposition should be sufficient to insure all elements of the project scope are included and non-scope elements are excluded.
• Include at least two work packages for each lowest level product/outcome. Remember that a work package applies to only one organizational entity and typically addresses only one type of work. For example, digging a ditch and paving a section of road would be two separate work packages. Each of these work packages could be further decomposed into component activities. For example, digging a ditch could be further decomposed into component activities like: (1) clearing trees and shrubs; (2) marking underground utilities; (3) renting the ditch digging machinery; etc. As noted above, do not decompose work packages into their component activities.
• Include a WBS numbering system; ensure all WBS elements are properly identified in accordance with this system.
• The WBS must clearly communicate your intent with respect to how the project is to be structured. Work packages must be clearly distinguishable from products/outcomes.
Scope Description: You’ve purchased a previously-owned home with an outdated three-piece bathroom (toilet, vanity, and shower/tub). Renovations are to include:
• New tile floor
• New tile tub/shower surround; the existing tub will be reused
• New vanity
• New mirror
• New lighting above the vanity (assume lighting circuits do not require modification)
• New towel bars
• New paint
• New shower head and faucets for the tub and vanity (assume plumbing lines do not require modification)
• There is evidence that removing the tile in the tub/shower area will damage the substrate (i.e., wall board), which will also have to be replaced.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.