problems on ‘Cost of capital’
Problem Set on the Cost of Capital
1. Thatcher Corporation’s bonds will mature in 10 years. The bonds have a face value of $1,000 and an 8 percent coupon rate, paid semiannually. The price of the bond is $1,100. What is the firm’s cost (percentage rate) of borrowing money under these market conditions
2. Bruner Aeronautics has preferred stock outstanding with a par value of $100. The stock pays a quarterly dividend of $2 and has a current price of $80. What will be Bruner’s cost of funds if the company decided to issue new preferred stocks
3. Javits & Sons’ common stock is currently trading at $30 a share. The stock is expected to pay a dividend of $3.00 a share at the end of the year (D1=$3.00), and the dividend is expected to grow at a constant rate of 5 percent a year. If the company were to issue external equity, it would incur a 10 percent flotation cost. What are the costs of internal and external equity
4. The Heuser Company’s currently outstanding 10 percent coupon bonds have a yield to maturity of 12 percent. Heuser believes it could issue at par new bonds that would provide a similar yield to maturity. If its marginal tax rate is 35 percent, what is Heuser’s after-tax cost of debt
5. Trivoli Industries plans to issue some $100 par preferred stock with an 11 percent dividend. The stock is selling on the market for $97.00, but Trivoli must pay flotation costs of 5 percent of the market price, so the net price the firm will receive is $92.15 per share. What is Trivoli’s cost of preferred stock with flotation considered
6. The earnings, dividends, and stock price of Carpetto Technologies Inc. are expected to grow at 7 percent per year in the future. Carpetto’s common stock sells for $23 per share, its last dividend was $2.00, and the company will pay a dividend of $2.14 at the end of the current year.
a. Using the discounted cash flow approach, what is its cost of common equity
b. If the firm’s beta is 1.6, the risk-free rate is 9 percent, and the average return on the market is 13 percent, what will be the firm’s cost of common equity using the CAPM approach
c. If the firm’s bonds earn a return of 12 percent, what will be the firm’s cost of common equity using the own-bond-yield-plus-risk-premium (Use a risk premium of 4%.)
d. On the basis of the results obtained in parts a through c, what would you estimate Carpetto’s cost of common equity to be
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.