Med-Surg II Final Case Study Assignment
Mr. Jones a 68 yo male with a PMHx significant for COPD, IDDM, HTN, and CH.F. He was admitted on 412105 through the ER with c/o abdominal discomfort. A CT scan revealed a large small bowel obstruction(SBO) r/t a tumor.
His home medications included: Metoprolol, Lisinopril, Glucophage, and Atrovent inhaler. You receive him from the PACU after his Exploratory Lap colon resection.
PACU report: AOx3, VS RR 28, HR 86 in A-Fib, BP 110170, T 97.5 02 sat 94% on 3LNC. Lungs: clear, diminished at the bases.
GI: No bowel sounds
GU: Has a foley to gravity at bedside.
EBL in OR was 500CC. Patient has 2 JP drains yielding small amounts of bloody drainage.
Has an NGT to LCWS yielding green drainage.
Pain currently 2110. Has a Fentanyl/Bupivacaine epidural lwith a basal of 6ml/hr, pt dose of 2ml QlOmin with a l hour limit of 18mlper hour.
IV of D51/2NS + 20KCL@ 125ml/hr, 18# RAC.
H/H: pre-op 13.2/ 38, post-op 11.3/ 30.2.
1. What are the key assessment parameters for this patient
2. What are your nursing priorities going to be (postoperative interventions) and what lab values will you focus on and why
3. He is on both a beta blocker and an ACE inhibitor, why and what is the rationale for this treatment regimen
4. His pain is being managed by an epidural CADD pump. What is this method and what are your key assessment parameters How do your findings impact on patient care
5. His accu check in 300, what are three nursing interventions
6. You check his echo report and it stated his Ejection Fraction is 25%. What does this mean and how does this impact your plan of care Provide one complete Nursing Diagnosis with possible interventions
You have Mr. Jones the next morning. In report you hear that his pain remains controlled with the CADD pump. His abdomen is firm and moderately distended. His NGT put out 300cc and he had only 150cc in his foley in 8 hours. His temperature is 99. 0. His BP remains in the 110’’s/60-70’s, but his HR ranges from 90-120. You assess him, his BP is now 80/ 40, HR 130, and T 103. 02 sats are 86% on 2LNC.
7. Reassessment: What is causing the increase in heart rate and why did his pressure suddenly drop What should your priorities be and what will you do What orders would you expect to receive
8. His H/H is 7.8/24.4. You receive as order to transfuse 2 units PRBC’s. How much would you expect his hematocrit to rise
9. In between the 2 units, you note an increase in wheezing, increase in dyspnea, and 1+ edema in the lower extremities. What is happening What orders would you expect to receive from the MD and why
10. His 1130 BGM is 200. What are your appropriate nursing actions What factors can impact on BG levels
11. You re-assess him at 1400, his color is pale, his temperature is 102, he is cool and clammy. You review his labs and note an elevated WBC. What is happening How do you know What should you do and what orders would you expect
Books to cite: Medical surgical nursing ninth edition by lewis dirksen and Heitkemper Bucher
Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN examination edition 3
The Basics (Kaplan nursing)
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.